Friday, April 1, 2016

Dan in Real Life

Dan in Real Life
1. I think all parents need advice, but maybe not from another parent.  Maybe from a really mature teen, which might be hard to find.  I think the main problem is that a lot has changed from when the parents were teen and their children being teens right now.  My mom always tells me about technology, the pressure with grades, extra curricular activities are more of a important thing for teens now, and the fact that depression and anxiety is more present. I find that my parents do not know how to deal with this or how to talk about it without them not understanding me.  This is the cause of most of our problems and I feel like if there was someone who would just tell them about the pressure then they would understand me more.
3. I might consider writing for a news paper but it would not be an advice article.  Instead it might be a short story with the next chapter printed in next weeks newspaper.  I might have looked at this a few years ago but now the newspaper is dying and it will probably no longer be printed but maybe posted on a online source.
4. I believe in the beginning that Dan wants his children to do the right thing and have good morals but as the movie progresses he starts to do things that he is telling his children not to do.  Such as speeding, falling in love quickly and not paying attention to family.  He starts to have the saying of, "do as I say, not as I do."  Which is hypercritical.  This is not fair because if you enforce rules then you yourself should follow these rules too.  When a parent says that you are not allowed to have a snack after school and they come home from work and eats chips that teaches kids that it is okay to be hypercritical.  So when those children become parents they will most likely do the same thing to their children.  Parents need to go by the rules that they set for their children and follow them themselves.   Because after all, don't parents set rules to make sure that their children and safe and healthy, so shouldn't they follow those rules themselves. 
11. I recently babysat two boys, both in elementary school.  They seemed to like me because of the fact that I would play their games and jumped on the trampoline with them.  Before it got dark, we went inside and starting playing hide and seek.  I was often the last to be found and when they did find me they would always say 'wow, your good at this.'  But the truth is that I was often hiding in plan sight and they would just skim the room.  I had to start whistling to help them find me because I could hear them calling for me to come out.  The spot that took them the longest for them to find me was under a blanket in the middle of the living room.  I heard them walk into that room at least 3 times and still not be able to find me.

No comments:

Post a Comment