Tuesday, January 12, 2016

I Am Erin McLarry


I am…
The youngest daughter in an unorganized family.
a picture of me as a baby in my grandfather’s arms at the hospital; the only photo that I have of him and me before he passed away.
connected to my mother’s doll that I slept with every night until head lice invaded our fourth-grade class and my doll had to spend 2 weeks in a plastic bag stored in the garage.
A daddy’s girl, afraid to disappoint him and constantly trying to make him proud of me.
I am…
Broadway cast albums that play on repeat without growing old.
In high school, not knowing what I am doing but found comfort in Mrs. Butcher’s English Honors class.
Books that are read late at night with a candle flickering on a near table.
British television that my friend and I binge watch on the long weekends with a bowl of popcorn and butterbeer close by.
Hoping that I don’t lose my friend when we go to college.
I am…
Looking for a job.
A frightened adult.
Going to college next year.
Not wanting to leave this time of my life.
Overwhelmed with responsibilities that pile up as I get older.
I am…
In love with theatre. Constantly going to Broadway shows and to local products, adding director’s notes in my head.
Wanting to peruse an English career, and to learn more about classic literature.
Scared of what might come next, but ready to face my challenges and grow as a person.

No comments:

Post a Comment