Friday, February 19, 2016

Lost in The Sky


The Capital was depressing.  The sky knew it, that is why it constantly rained.  The people with their umbrellas, that I passed by on the streets, did not look up from the wet pavement to say a simple hello.  They kept their gaze on the ground to watch out for puddles or sidewalk trash.  They never noticed the shivering dogs under the awnings or the store windows that were filled with color and light.  I was the only one on the streets that did not carry an umbrella.  I enjoyed the rain, it seemed to bring freedom from the standards of society and it cleansed me when I felt the steady patting on my skin.  It seemed like I was the only one to find happiness in something that was a pain in everyone else days.  
The people were always gloomy.  Like they did not know how to enjoy the simple things in life.  They did not know how to live life to the fullest and laugh at the bad things in life.  
Maybe that is why I like rain.  It was something that most people found irritating but when I had a bad day rain was the best thing.  Anytime I found myself upset, I wanted to go outside on the roof of my apartment and lay on the pavement while watching the water fall from the sky.  It was a claiming method,  I knew that the rain would not do anything for me physically but mentally it washed away all of my worries and regrets,  it was a way of me letting go of the past and become a better person.  I found love in something that most people hated, and it always made me feel renewed.

Note: This is my Newspaper-inspired piece from an article that was named "Lost in the Sky Above Tokyo"

1 comment:

  1. I love the image you chose...and I like what you said about liking rain. I love when it rains and not because I feel depressed. I think it must makes me feel like it's okay to stay in bed and read or putter around the house without feeling like I should be out and about being productive.

    ReplyDelete