Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Magazine and the Future



  • Some interesting things that I found all connected to my previous work with Kickapoo Theater Tech class making the program.  I found it interesting that I was not the only one that struggled to get the advertisements that people bought and also that I didn't over complicate it because of my nonexistent knowledge of what I was doing.  It was also informative that they have school teachers write some of there articles.
  • How many drafts do they go through for each magazine?
  • I would love to work for playbill.com.  It is more of a virtual magazine but it has all to do with Broadway, which everyone knows I love. The job that I actually see myself doing though is being a High School English teacher,  I feel like Mrs. Fraser and Mrs. Butcher gave me a clear understanding of what I want to be as a teacher and these people have gave me more confidence that I can accomplish my teaching goal.
  • In one year I see myself still living at home to save money and going to school at OTC and hopefully I will still have a close relationship with my friend who is going to Truman.
  • In 5 years I know I will be out of my parents house, and hopefully I will have a job in the career I want to peruse. I honestly do not care about having a husband or boyfriend as long as I am happy and have a pet.  
  • In 10 years, I want to have my own house and have my dept payed off.  I do not want to have any kids of my own (I don't like the process of child birth, it freaks me out, don't ask) but I want to adopt kids.
  • In 50 years I will be 68,  I will probably be retired or close to retiring.  I want to have something to do in my retirement and have some passion that will keep me "okay" in the head.  I honestly do no care about how my future goes, just as long as I am happy.

1 comment:

  1. I am so honored to be a model for you as a teacher...that means so much to me, Erin. I think about keeping busy when I'm older too and worry about losing my capacity to think and remember quite a bit.

    ReplyDelete