Friday, February 26, 2016

Slice


     I am an invisible man.  When I walk on the streets, no one seems to notice me.  I have become used to this idea and started to embrace it but everything took a turn for the worst on July 15. I was walking on Elm street when a rag was grasped over my face, covering my nose and mouth.  I had no clue what was happening but I knew that I had to make it stop before anything bad came from it.  I tried to yell and kick but that's when the scent from the rag kicked in and my body went limp from it.
     I do not know what happened but I woke up and found myself in a van with blacked out windows.  Panic started to fill my body again and I tried to climb over and start the van but nothing happened, there was not even a sound of the engine trying to work.  I slammed my body against the door with my hand working on the handle, trying to get it to open but it failed.  The thought of the back door came to my mind and I raced back to where I rest before to find that I could open the door.  The light from outside blinded me and right before I was about to jump out of the car, I noticed that the tail end of the van was at the edge of a cliff.  Quickly, I backed back up into the shelter of the van.  Confusion, panic and the pang of thirst all filled my head.
     I started to scratch at the walls of the van and pounding my fist on the floor board along with the seats. My last punch was on the drivers side seat, I had given up and began to hit my head repeatedly on the seat behind me.  The sound of metal rubbing against metal occurred every time I hit my head.  I slammed my head against the seat once more to make sure I was not imagining things when the metal sound happened again.  I looked under the seat to find an open pocket knife jammed in between the seat and the floor.  I quickly reached under the seat and tried to free the knife but just ended up cutting myself.  I retracted my hand seeing blood pool at the tip of my pointer finger.  I switched hands and put my left arm underneath the seat and successfully freed the weapon.
     With my confidence upgraded because of my new knife, I opened the back of the van for the light to fill the inside of my prison.  I stuck my head out the back with my knife safe in my pocket.  There was a ledge to the right of the van and if I could hang on to the van and find my footing on the other side I would be free. I tried just that and succeeded, with ease.  I began to run, trying to hear for a near highway but there was no sound, just the crunching of leaves that I stepped on.  I paused, trying to find my way when the crunching sound continued but I was not walking.  I turned around to find a man with a wide grin on his face.  He was wearing a police hat and a purple shirt.  I made eye contact with him and registered that he was not here to help me but to hurt me.  I started to back up as I took our my knife in my pocket.  I opened it up so the blade was pointing at him.  I was ready to strike when he gave me a questionable look.  I did not want to get anywhere close to this man so I threw the knife at his heart. The knife came down, missing him by inches, and he took off.

1 comment:

  1. I like how you added "the pang of thirst" to your list of reactions at being kidnapped and thrown into a van...it makes it all more real and believable to me somehow.

    ReplyDelete